[Seaside-dev] versioning

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Tue Mar 18 17:02:45 UTC 2014

Hi John,

In Metacello, the ConfigurationOf is just a Smalltalk class and the versions are defined as just methods, so nothing prohibits anybody from changing a 'released' version.

Maybe the tools that allow to manipulate the configuration (MetacelloToolbox, ...) have some protection built-in, but then the way we organized the version methods in the Seaside configuration do not work well with these tools.

So, we can only rely on the convention that a published version should not be changed (except for bugfixes to the configuration itself). Only versions tagged as #development can have the package versions changed. Maybe I should add this to the developer guidelines ;-)

Johan