[Seaside-dev] Pharo issue 13063

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Fri Mar 21 20:05:07 UTC 2014

Hi Stephan,

I don't know if now is the time for it, but we might want to take the opportunity to improve the code of NEC on this.

I have the impression the check for the presence of WAHtmlCanvas|WARenderCanvas should actually occur in NECVarTypeGuesser>>getClassFromTypeSuggestingName:
Next, frameworks (like Seaside) would need a place to plugin such type-guessing improvements. For that we could add a dictionary to NECVarTypeGuesser where frameworks can register a 'varname->class' mapping.

Afaik, a small change that is worthwhile for future code changes and a chance for frameworks to improve the code completion (I guess this is used for code completion? )

But, as I said, we can also take this to Pharo4 if necessary...

thanks for catching the bug ;-)
Johan