[Seaside-dev] Re: Seaside 3.1.3 loading

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sun Sep 14 14:36:02 UTC 2014

Hi Torsten (cc: Seaside-dev),

I discovered that these two load expressions are not semantically equivalent.

>      Gofer it
>        url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
>        configurationOf: 'Seaside3';
>        load.
>
>      (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project stableVersion load

loads 3.1.3, and the loading follows the normal symbolic version definitions
but:

>      Gofer it
>        url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
>        configurationOf: 'Seaside3';
>        loadStable

loads the last version that was blessed #stable.
For some reason, we have changed from #stable to #released in the 3.1 branch (which is probably my doing).

So, both are not semantically identical expressions…

Now, this is probably not know by anyone.
I will change the last version blessing to #stable instead of #released

cheers,
Johan