[Seaside-dev] Seaside on Pharo4: nesting exceptions

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sat Apr 4 13:37:44 UTC 2015

Hi Philippe,

On Pharo4, the testExceptionHandlerNesting is failing.
It seems that Pharo4 now has the ANSI behavior for exception lookup [3].

Though this test is failing, I still get the expected behavior from WAWalkbackErrorHandler (i.e. opening a debugger on the right spot in the stack).
I think this is because of the workarounds introduced in [1][2].

But then I wonder about what this test is supposed to do: it is now checking for the presence of the non-ANSI lookup behaviour.

Mind that this test also fails on Gemstone, where it was rewritten in a way to not fail.
I was already puzzled by that before actually..

So, what is this failing test supposed to say? :)

[1] https://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=636
[2] https://github.com/SeasideSt/googlecode-seaside-export/issues/636 <https://github.com/SeasideSt/googlecode-seaside-export/issues/636>