[Seaside-dev] We want to help, what can we do ?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 18:34:21 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 4:32 PM, julien leclercq <julien.leclercq at gmx.fr> wrote:
>    Hi everybody we're two it students and we would like to contribute to
> Seaside for a school project.
> We're a bit newbies in Smalltalk but we're motivated and learning fast.
> Would any of you have an idea on what can we do to help the community ?

On the top of my head:
 * generate Swagger [1] descriptions for Seaside-REST services (*)
 * generate WADL [2] descriptions for Seaside-REST services (*)
 * try to bridge React [3] and Seaside components
 * see if it's possible to serialize Seaside sessions using Fuel and
store them in memcached or similar
 * write a Passbook library for Seaside. Bonus points for updating the
ESUG application to hand out Passbook passes.

(*) The URL part should be easy, types can be tricky. If you have some
parameter called "aNameString" you can probably assume it's a string.
Bonus points for integrating with Magritte-JSON or Magritte-XML.

 [1] http://swagger.io/
 [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Application_Description_Language
 [3] http://facebook.github.io/react/
 [4] http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204003