[Seaside-dev] We want to help, what can we do ?

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sun Mar 1 08:15:23 UTC 2015

>> Hows that react bridge going fellas?
>
> I'm not aware of anything happening.

Unfortunately.
But I finally have advanced on the thing below:

> * generate Swagger [1] descriptions for Seaside-REST services (*)

It’s in the Seaside-Swagger package in the Seaside32 repository.
It’s in no way related to what we have for the Yesplan API because that one was still based on swagger v1 and Yesplan does not use the pragma-based handlers.

So, it’s a complete new design and implementation and it's all still very alpha and incomplete, but when you register both WASwaggerUI (the swagger ui app) and WAConfigurationHandler (a demo api) then you can explore what works already.

If anyone is interested in helping out completing it, you are welcome. I can think of the following tasks:
- complete the WAConfigurationHandler as a demo API to manipulate the Seaside configurations via an API (aka a cool extension for seaside + a good example)
- implement the json-schema for Seaside-REST: this is a large part of the Swagger spec and allows to describe the responses

cheers
Johan