[Seaside-dev] Migration to github

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sat Mar 28 10:09:04 UTC 2015

The wiki pages are indeed fine.

Moving the issues from the export project to the Seaside project proves to be a whole different story.
At the very least, we have to accept that the issue export is just to preserve the issue in *some* state (i.e. not being cleanly mapped to github labels, milestones, users, etc.). I think it’s OK, given that the essential info is preserved and that I do not have time to try implementing a better mapping.

But I want to get rid of the export project and move the issues to SeasideSt/Seaside.
I can move issue by issue using [1], which seems relatively OK except that there is no batch move feature (yet). I moved 1 closed issue to see how the result looks like.
I tried using another script [2], but that moves closed issues back to the open state, which is a no-go for me. It actually did not work either when I tried it.
I also looked at the github API to implement something myself, but that will require more time.

Maybe I will leave the issues in the export project for now and wait for a better solution.

Johan

[1] https://github.com/google/github-issue-mover <https://github.com/google/github-issue-mover>
[2] https://github.com/IQAndreas/github-issues-import