[Seaside-dev] Configurable current request context variable

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed May 10 14:44:12 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Max Leske <maxleske at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 7 May 2017, at 23:09, Philippe Marschall <philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In theory we could say that the dialect has to provide a
>> GRDynamicVariable, we could provide a GRExceptionBasedDynamicVariable.
>> Dialects that have a DynamicVariable class could provide
>> GRDynamicVariable as a subclass of DynamicVariable. Dialects that do
>> not have a DynamicVariable class could provide GRDynamicVariable as a
>> subclass of GRExceptionBasedDynamicVariable.
>
> Yes, that sounds like a good idea. I don't have a clear picture of how your suggestion would be implemented with Grease. So if you could help me out there, I'd appreciated it.

It would be sort of a kludge

In Pharo we would have

DynamicVariable (Pharo)
^
GRDynamicVariable (Grease-Pharo-Core)
^
WADynamicVariable (Seaside-Core)

In a dialect without dynamic variables we would have

Notification (Dialect)
^
GRExceptionBasedDynamicVariable (Grease-Core)
^
GRDynamicVariable (Grease-Dialect-Core)
^
WADynamicVariable (Seaside-Core)