[Seaside-dev] [Pharo-dev] Updated Seaside Control Panel for Pharo 6 / Seaside 3.2

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu May 25 19:43:50 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 10:34 PM, Torsten Bergmann <astares at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Sven,
>
> I uploaded the MCZ to the Seaside repo htto://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside32/main
> and tested it. Looks fine and all is working for me.
>
> The only thing I'm not sure about is that Philippe (PMM) in Seaside-Pharo-Tools-Spec-pmm.21
> made a distinction to either use NewListModel or FastTableModel.
> The issue was also noted in https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/869
>
> I guess this not necessary anymore as Pharo 6 has FastTableModel only.

That was made to support multiple Pharo versions from the same code
base. Otherwise we would have to split Seaside-Pharo-Tools-Spec in a
Pharo 5 (I believe) and a Pharo 6 version. It would be cool if we
could support Pharo 5 for a moment as Pharo 6 hasn't been released
yet. I don't know how quickly Pharo users upgrade.