[Seaside-dev] GRDynamicVariable implementations for VW and VASt

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Fri May 26 02:48:28 UTC 2017

> For VA, I think John O’Keefe is doing the porting. I don’t know if he is
> still following this mailinglist but I’m sure he can appreciate sending him
> some code to help in the porting.
> From what I experienced, they only start porting when it was released.
>
> For VW: I don’t know.

As I mentioned before, I'm pursuing a project using Seaside in
VisualWorks, I don't know who maintains the current available port,
which is Seaside 3.1, I will talk with somebody from Cincom to know
who maintains the codebase and if he/she could use my help. l already
ported Seaside to Dolphin a decade ago, I guess could do it with VW
this time. :)

Unfortunately VW doesn't support git, and as far as I could see the
whole "migration" process is very manual.
However in the process of migrating my own frameworks from Pharo, I
refined the Roassal exporter to be more customizable, and could also
migrate some third party packages like JQuery-Core, so it is doable.

As a baseline we should have a version of Grease that works in all
dialects, are the version numbers of Grease the same in all dialects?

I'm interested in having the more recent version available, so I'm
willing to help with this.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo