[Seaside-dev] Current Development Environment Setup

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 09:54:17 UTC 2018

Hi

I'd like to hit the ground running at ESUG and arrive with a working
development environment for at ESUG. I'd appreciate it if somebody
could answer me the following questions
- What is the recommended Pharo Version on macOS X? I'm using
PharoLauncher to download 6.1 32 bit and ignore the warnings.
Downloading 6.1 directly results in corrupt files
- How do I checkout the code and load it into the image? My last
information was that both Grease and Seaside as FileTree repositories,
and that Grease is metadata-less. Is this still correct? Should I
check out using git and then add the Monticello repositories or should
I use Metacello? Should I use Iceberg or rather not?