[Seaside-dev] Seaside issue #785 RESTful URL route caching

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Oct 22 19:46:58 UTC 2019

Thanks - that sounds perfectly workable. I was made a little nervous by the lack of even cursory ways to set a 'shouldCache' value; always makes it seem like an unfinished idea that may not be reliable!

> On 2019-10-22, at 3:43 AM, Philippe Marschall <philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 6:05 AM tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>>
>> I just stumbled across a fun problem that I hope someone can help me work around.
>> When using RESTful stuff (Seaside on VW 8.3 or thereabouts) with an image set to be headless and no-sources I hit a curious place where scanning for the route(s) involves parsing the sources (that I don't have connected) in order to find argument names. There is also an apparent option to cache the routes - presumably meaning that at some development stage  I should be able to pickle the list of possible url to method mappings. However, it doesn't appear to be supported by any means other than editing the #shouldCacheRoutes method which seems to me to be an indication that this is not very supported.
>
> You're supposed to override the method in your filter class. The
> methods initial purpose was to avoid the performance hit of doing an
> introspection on every web request as this may involve decompilation
> or parsing to get the method names. You could use this for our problem
> it you initialize a filter with sources present and then save the
> image.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Visne saltare? Viam Latam Fungosam scio = Do you want to dance? I know the Funky Broadway.