[Seaside-dev] [ANN] OpenGraph Metadata helper classes

Esteban Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 19:44:30 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I just published a small OpenGraph [1] metadata helper I've been
successfully using for a while.

https://github.com/eMaringolo/seaside-opengraph

It provides the very minimum support for basic attributes like title,
description, image and a few extra things.

I was expecting to enhance it and abstract it as a general SEO
library, providing general tags for SEO and structured data[2], but I
never actually got to do that, so I'm sharing it as it is, which so
far it works very well for sharing purposes (FB, Twitter, WhatsApp,
Telegram, etc.).

The logic is simple, you create a WAOpenGraphDescriptor object that
can render itself into a WAHtmlRoot (via #updateRoot:). I generate
these descriptors from my domain objects, so the metadata is passed
from the model to the root component.

I hope you find it useful. It's open to pull requests and suggestions.

Best regards!

[1] https://ogp.me
[2] https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/structured-data/intro-structured-data

Esteban A. Maringolo