[Seaside] <head>, <body>, and css

Kamil Kukura kamk@volny.cz
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 10:45:47 +0200

>It seems a little weird to me to treat the head elements so completely
>differently from any other html - I think I'd rather be able to reuse the
>concepts of templates and bindings here too, partly because a lot of the
><head> element is still more in the domain of the designer than the
>developer, and so may well want to be in an external html file.
>
>On the other hand, I admit that the head block basically amounts to a
>bunch of import statements - how horrible a restriction is it to force it
>to be exactly that?  That is, components never directly manipulate the
>ad block, but rather return a list of resources (.css files, .js files)
>that they want imported?  Is that too much of an 80% solution? script
>blocks can be in the body as easily as the head, and forcing style to be
>in a separate .css doesn't bother me; titles are a messy issue anyway
>(which subcomponent gets to choose the title for the whole page?), so meta
>tags are the only real problem...

Hmm, to me it seems there could be concept like this:
o) <head> section is a template and there is a way to modify inner elements
o) there is the mechanism which runs upon page rendering and:
   - sends to every subcomponent's importing message(s)
   - collects all the stuff the components want to have be imported
   - manipulates head's template accordingly

--
Kamil