[Seaside] Question about Comanche & Seaside

Julian Fitzell julian@beta4.com
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 09:53:22 -0800

Bergel Alexandre wrote:
 > I have discover these both app this week end, and I have naturally
some questions...

 > Does Comanche and Seaside are scalable. How many connections could be
supported ?

 > Regards,
 > Alexandre

Welcome!

I personally would use Apache (with IAModLisp) instead of Comanche if
possible, if only because it's more well tested and gives more
flexibility in terms of other modules like SSL, and makes it easier to
mix static and dynamic content.  That said, I haven't had any stability
problems with Comanche, just haven't tested it on anything large.

As for seaside, it *will* be scalable at some point but so far no one
that I know of has really tested how far it will go.  Seaside is pretty
new technology so people are really just playing with it to see what
they can do with it.  We're more focused on getting a usable system at
the moment than making it super-scalable.  We do intended to work on it
at some point though so if you feel like testing it and let us know what
problems you encounter that will likely speed it along.

Avi has done some playing with image segments and has a few ideas in his
head so I'd imagine he'll have some more details to share when he wakes
up ;)

Julian

--
julian@beta4.com