[Seaside] Meaningful URLs was (Re: HV intro...) on the Squeak list

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
16 Apr 2002 20:57:18 +0200

Cees de Groot <cg@cdegroot.com> said:
>I've got some very ugly URLs between my bookmarks. I couldn't care less,
>because the software shows the title of the page, not the URL itself.

I was a bit too quick here, completely overlooked the fact that these ugly
URL's tend to have session identifiers in them and thus are invalid
two weeks later. Oops. However, this can be dealt with gracefully in a lot of
cases by the server - simply create a new session and redirect the user. Or
encrypt everything necessary for the session in the ugly URL and forget about
keeping it around server-side, so that it effectively never expires.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>