[Seaside] Meaningful URLs was (Re: HV intro...) on the Squeak list

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
16 Apr 2002 22:58:37 -0500

Cees,

If you sent the quoted message I did not receive it. So all see is what
is below.

I have emailed URLs which spanned 3-4 lines in my email client. Yuck.

Some webpages have no title. For example I was just reading the Seaside
Tutorials. The title is "Untitled". If it weren't for a readable URL it
would be unknown.

URLs persist and are exchanged.
URLs exist in email clients and other Text based apps.

Philip Greenspun talks about URLs in his book about web publishing. I
don't agree with all he writes, but I agree about much on URLs.

I understand that there are times when certain data needs to be embedded
in URLs, but I don't think the URL must be extraordinarily long or ugly
to accomplish such.

I personally like sensible URLs.
If possible I would like for whatever I choose to develop my website/app
in to have as reasonable URLs as possible.

This may be something we agree to disagree on.
That's okay too.

Jimmie Houchin