[Seaside] newSessionOn: (was Meaningful URLs)

Avi Bryant avi@beta4.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 02:20:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Kamil Kukura wrote:

> Attached is #newSessionOn: which generates 80-bit number encoded in
> base64. It uses IARequest>>headerAt: for looking up the host name and I
> am not sure how is it with requests from IAModLisp.

Thanks!

With the time in milliseconds folded into the hash, though, won't it be
impossible to ever generate anything to compare it with, later?  I was
thinking more like today's date.  Otherwise, I don't see how we could ever
tell if the session was being accessed from the same IP or not, etc.

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious.

Avi