[Seaside] state of the aubergine

Markus Fritsche Fritsche.Markus@gmx.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 01:42:18 +0200

I thought some time if I should post this message. Why? Because I haven't=
 got=20
the time to help you with the things I mention...=20

> I'm asking all of this because currently, development on Seaside is alm=
ost
> exclusively motivated by the needs of my projects, which may or may not
> have any bearing on the needs of others.  I encourage y'all to speak ou=
> so that this can change.

> Email me privately or respond to the list, but I'd like to hear from yo=
u.

I went through the tutorials, too. Although I'm thinking I can't get used=
 to=20
the "squeak-philosophy", seaside is very interesting and I'm thinking how=
 I=20
could use it to enrich my homepage with some "active sugar", like a=20
calculator for my worktime :-)

I need to learn more about OODBMS (like goods :-) to think about how and =
when=20
to use them (I feel a bit unconfortable about storing things in RAM -=20
especially without an USV); at this point, if I use seaside for data-base=
d=20
applications, I would use mysql or postgresql (having the ability to use =
the=20
data with a lot of other applications and programming languages) as DBMS=20
(just my opinion).

I think it would be useful to have all classes inline-documented; as I'm =
new=20
to squeak and additionally, never saw something like servlets before - ju=
st=20
php - I don't know "what's for what". Also, a short text like "a short=20
journey to the seaside: exploring the code" would be nice (I think) to=20
explain the programming newbies how they should start to understand what'=
s=20
going on, and how they could use it for themselves or to improve the=20
framework.

But, as we all know: so many ideas and so little time... :-)

Regards, Markus