[Seaside] Body tag attributes

Avi Bryant avi@beta4.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:32:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Nevin Pratt wrote:

> Hmmm,  seems that if you have a <body> tag with other attributes in the
> template, the other attributes are ignored.
>
> For example: <body background="@mybackgroundimage.jpg">

Yeah, that's an issue with the current SSVS code (I know, first I tell you
to update, then I tell you not to... ;-).  We're playing some games with
treating the <head> and <body> sections specially, and one of the side
effects is that the body attributes currently get lost.  It's a known bug.

I should also point out that the id of the body tag is not expected to be
an image path, so the use of background="@mybackgroundimage.jpg" there
wouldn't work the way you're expecting anyway.  This is probably also
something that should be fixed.

For now, the workaround is this - use a simple <body> in your template,
and do something like

addBindingsTo: template
  (template elementNamed: 'body')
    set: #background to: 'http://test.com/mybackgroundimage.jpg'