[Seaside] Body tag attributes

Nevin Pratt nevin@smalltalkpro.com
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:26:48 -0600

Avi Bryant wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Nevin Pratt wrote:
>
>>For some reason, I have to put a tilde before the 'body', thus:
>>
>>   (template elementNamed: '~body')
>>

>Oh yes, so you do - it's intentional, actually, I just forgot about it.
>It's ensuring that tags like <body> that are given implicit ids don't
>conflict with other tags that are given explicit ones (see
>IAForceDynamicExpansion>>expand:).
>
>How did you figure that out in the first place?
>
>Apologies,
>Avi

1. Set "walkbacks in browser: no" so that I can enter the debugger when
it fails.
2. Try it and watch it fail with a DNU.
3. Enter the debugger to verify it was looking for an id of 'body' from
the elements in the collection.
4. Look at all the elements in the collection it was searching, and
notice the body one had an id of '~body'.

Nevin