[Seaside] Re: Template caching

Avi Bryant avi@beta4.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:39:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Nevin Pratt wrote:

> Hmm, unless I've misunderstood something somewhere, then anytime you
> make a change to the template (typically found in the #html method),
> you've got to flush the template cache or the change isn't propogated,
> and thus you can't test your template change.  Otherwise the template
> cache just keeps holding on to your old IATemplate instance, which of
> course was built with your old #html.

No, that would be a huge pain to work with.  Any time the #html method is
changed (or any other, for that matter), the template cache for that class
is automatically flushed.  If you're using files, you should be using an
IAFileTemplate, which checks the modification dates to do the same thing.

You should *not* be manually flushing the template cache.

Did you go through the tutorial?  Notice that the template is changed many
times but you never have to flush the cache.