[Seaside] callPage question

Julian Fitzell seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:35:30 -0700

Rob Whitfield wrote:
> Will bad things happen if my app nests a few levels down via cascaded
> "self callPage" and then the user clicks a link that takes them directly
> back to the top level page where they may begin to cascade back down again?
>
> I'm concerned about resource usage when the call stack is not properly
> unwound via "self return".

Hmm... Avi's the expert on that area but he's away until tonight so I'll
see if I can answer it and he can tell you if I'm wrong. ;)

I'm pretty sure it isn't going to matter because it isn't really a call
stack, it's all done with continuations.  And the continuation is going
to get stored in the session cache anyway in case the user hits the back
button and goes back to that page to click the link again.  So since the
continuation would be stored whether the user uses it or not I don't
think it's going to make any difference whether your callPage returns or
not.

Julian

--
julian@beta4.com