[Seaside] Seaside Development. What goes on behind the scenes? What are the next steps?

Julian Fitzell seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun, 01 Dec 2002 01:21:23 -0800

Well, roughly the same things, though I've seen your posts to squeak-dev
and I'm not talking about doing it at the Squeak level, just Seaside.  I
basically want to store the current user and provide hooks so you could
use HTTP basic auth or a form or whatever, authenticate off a common
(presumably also pluggable somehow) system, the have an authorization
system where you can ask if the current user can perform certain actions.

It's just a vague notion in my head so far, though I did start adding
support for the headers needed to actually get at the basic auth user info.

Julian