[Seaside] Seaside2: separation between content and presentation

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:09:33 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Alain Fischer wrote:

> I have tested Tantalus and it is very near to EOF.
> FYI, I was able to run on Mac OS X with postgreSQL throught ODBC.
> I intend to see if I could run it with FrontBase which is our production
> database.
> If I can use .eomodeld it will be easy to test some parts of our WO
> applications
> with seaside and Tantalus.

I'll let you know when the .eomodeld support is done.

> What about the use of lisp_mod which was in 0.94 ?

Could easily be brought back if someone wanted it.  I've found mod_proxy a
more robust solution, and mod_lisp doesn't give any additional control
(like load balancing).  In the long run we'll want a specialized module
that knows enough about seaside urls and cookies to do session affinity
across multiple images.