Fw: [Seaside] Form support

tblanchard@mac.com seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:03:35 +0100

--Apple-Mail-2-732273664

On Friday, December 6, 2002, at 12:20  AM, Avi Bryant wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>
>> The thing above could also be used for database mapping(?)
>
> Database mappings have to be a little more specialized (in terms of
> also
> having the column names and all that), and O/R frameworks tend to come
> with their own metamodel.  However, I can definitely see deriving a
> rough
> Seaside metamodel from, say, a GLORP or Tantalus metamodel.

We currently do this with EOF in WebObjects.  We have ui components
that check the EOModel and put little red stars next to them if they
are not allowed to be null, etc...

And of course,  there is the direct to web framework to steal ideas
from.

--Apple-Mail-2-732273664

<excerpt>The thing above could also be used for database mapping(?)

</excerpt>