[Seaside] session reference

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 00:55:12 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Stephen Pair wrote:

> Are you being too concerned about dependencies?  After all, you can
> bundle up everything you depend on into a single installable thing.  No
> big deal.

No big deal for Squeak, maybe.  But I'd like to keep Seaside relatively
portable (at least to the dialects that can support callCC ;), and
depending on modifications to Process doesn't help.  Neither does needing
compiler hacks, of course, and I'm wondering whether the IVAP stuff
Seaside does is actually worthwhile.  Since it's only used for components,
and only needed for a subset of their state, I wonder how onerous using an
explicit 'state' dictionary would be - that would also give you easier
control over what state was copied and what wasn't.  Opinions?