[Seaside] Database

Stephen Pair seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:09:55 -0500

> Stephen: I have the time to wait some weeks. What do you do
> ("ChangoPVM and database..")?

I'm not sure what you are asking...but, what I meant by "ChangoPVM and
database" was that I will be releasing a modified Squeak VM and an OODB
that takes advantage of that VM.  The two in combination make
persistence in Squeak completely transparent.  In other words, any code
that you write in Squeak that doesn't worry about the persistence issue
will be able to run on the ChangoPVM/ChangoPDB un-modified and have
incremental (transactional) object persistence.  For example, a web
server might begin a transaction when a request arrives; do its work;
commit its transaction when it completes and all of the objects that
were modified during the request/response cycle will be safely on disk
(either in a transaction log or in the Btree or Hash structure).

- Stephen