[Seaside] A Walk on the Seaside

Andreas Raab seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:54:38 +0100

Hi Guys,

I just had a Walk on the Seaside and it's a really nice tutorial.
Thanks! I ran into a few "bugs" while I was doing this and thought it
might be worthwhile to let you know about them.

Section: Action

"For fun, let's try modifying this. On the toolbar is a "Browse" link -
pressing this will take you to a very functional web-based System
Browser (courtesy of Lukas Renggli), open to the class of the current
component. Find the #increment method and change it so that count
increases by two instead of by one. Remember to hit Accept...

[BUG] When you "accept" from the (web) browser there's a good chance it
will "hang". This is caused by Squeak requesting your author initials
(which you may not notice - I had it in the background and only after a
while I switched over to see why "seaside hangs").

"... Like the inspector, the "OK" link will take you back to the app. "

[BUG] There is no "OK" button here.

Section: Display

renderOn: html
    html form:  [
       html heading: count.
       html submitButtonWithAction: [self increment] text: '++'.
       html space.
       html submitButtonWithAction: [self decrement] text: '--'
     ].

[BUG] When I do this the last minus "gets eaten", e.g., the button only
contains one minus instead of two. If I use three minuses in the code I
get two in the button. Weird, eh?!

Anyways, this is great stuff! Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
  - Andreas