[Seaside] [TUTORIAL 1] Done

seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 12:40:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hello all,

Well, I just finished the tutorial part one. Deeply impressed. How come?

A friend and me just finished a Squeak project for college (a banking application). Not having done thoroughly research on the net, this involved writing a dynamic extension for comanche by my friend. He did a good job, we learned a lot about Squeak, but God, I wish I had known about Seaside a month before...

Also, the infamous currency converter example is used here in college for some technology demonstrations. Last term it was J2EE (deployment, huh); this term it was ASP.NET (well) and ASP (uahhh!). I just had to laugh when doing the whole example in, let's say, ten minutes (understanding included), compared to the tedious hours of mastering arbitrary Microsoft technology.

Now it's time for tutorial part 2...

Cheers,

Christian