[Seaside] More transaction rambling

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 01:05:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Cees de Groot wrote:

> No, because as A and A.1 are nested independent transactions, the are
> independent as in the 'I' in 'ACID. Whatever happens in A.1, A will be
> unaware of it - it's just the same as when they would have happened in
> parallel. A.2 will know about what happened in A.1, because it starts
> after A.1 commits.

Ok, so I don't really see the problem.  You were talking about

start shopping
get user account info
fill shopping cart
end shopping

which I see as

BEGIN (start shopping)
  BEGIN (get user account info)
  COMMIT (user account info)

  BEGIN (fill shopping cart)
  COMMIT (shopping cart)
COMMIT (shopping trip)

That means that while you're filling the shopping cart you have access to
the user account info, right?  So give me a more pathological case where I
can see the problem better.

Avi