[Seaside] list of textarea problems with updating

Julian Fitzell seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 17:42:46 -0700

Tim Rowledge wrote:

[...]

> I've tried quite a few things so far with little result. I though at
> first that the action attached to my 'accept the edit' button would be
> done first so I could simply nil out the previous list of choices and
> have #editOption: just build a new one. Bzzzzzzt. #editOption: is dealt
> with before it gets anywhere near #acceptEdit. I tried adding the button
> at the top of the form to force the order - no luck. Nor with a hidden
> input at the top.

Avi already answered the rest of your question but I thought I'd add
that the "action" method is always performed last.  This obviously means
that it can jump to a new page for example (or do whatever it wants) and
the data will all have been received and processed and available to the
action method and the rest of the application.

I think callbacks are currently processed in the order of their key
values which is determined by their order in the template.  But for
actions a record is simply kept of what action to run and the action
isn't actually performed until all the callbacks have been handled.
Take a look at IACallbackCache>>invokeCallbacks: if you want to
familiarize yourself with where it happens.

Cheers,

Julian

--
julian@beta4.com