[Seaside] list of textarea problems with updating

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:31:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Now here's a funny browser related thing. Under OS-X IE I frequently get
> a complaint from IE about it being impossible to load a URL (often the
> automagic reloading of the config page for example) although it loaded
> perfectly well the first time and will load perfectly well ifthe url is
> entered again. I have tried turning the IE caching down to 'update pages
> always' in the hope this might handle dynamic pages better, but it still
> gets its knickers in a twist quite often. Netscape doesn't do it on OSX
> or linux, Mozilla doesn't, !Oregano doesn't (my Acorn - don't ask),
> Konqueror doesn't. Any ideas anyone? (Aside from 'dont use IE' since I
> need to cope with the stupid masses using this piece of crap)

I've seen this problem with Comanche in general, when using IE on OSX
with Squeak also running on OSX.  It doesn't seem to happen with any other
combination (in fact, I'm curious if it even happens with CocoaSqueak).

Anyway, as far as the stupid masses go, the simple answer is to deploy on
Linux, and the problem will go away.

But I would also be interested to know a solution if one's out there.  I
suspect it's some deep, dark OpenTransport issue...