[Seaside] file path abstraction

Tim Rowledge seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:05:49 -0700

Rob Whitfield <rob@customfun.com> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Must I detect the OS and use system specific folder naming conventions or
> does squeak have a more generic abstraction that would work in both cases
> using a single representation?
You're making the very common mistake of treating strings as file names.

You need to do something like
	(FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'data') readOnlyfileNamed:
'foo.bar'

Though to be honest even that is a terribly misuse of strings. Squeak
doesn't actaully have anything approaching a decent file name related
system as yet, so this has to do for now.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim@sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
If it was easy, the hardware people would take care of it.