[Seaside] Very wierd IACache problems

Tim Rowledge seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:28:46 -0700

Avi Bryant <avi@beta4.com> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Is this just after a form submit?  That would explain the bare URL.
> Could the POST somehow be getting mangled?
>
> Something to try - in IAForm>>printHtmlTo:withCallbackKey, change
> 'method'->'POST' to 'method'->'GET', and see if that makes any difference.
POST/GET made no difference.

I did find the problem though and I think it must count as a bug in...
well, something. I had the html as

html
	^'......
	<form sea:id="regenerateQuestion">
		<input type="submit" value="Regenerate Question">
	</form>

but something made me try moving the </form> up to above the table. Now
it works just fine on netscape.... duh. Still works ok on Acorn. Err, I
thought you could put stuff like tables etc inside forms? I'm doing it
in other places with no apparent problems!
<outerlimits>Wierd</outerlimits>

Clearly this isn't actually directly related to the caches stuff.

I've found myself making trivial forms a lot as away to get sensible
looking buttons easily. Maybe I'm missing something from going
cross-eyed looking at the dismally unreadable stuff on W3C.org; is there
a 'simpler' way to make action button analogues in html?

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim@sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
Field tested: Manufacturing doesn't have a test system.