[Seaside] The Joy of HTML (was Very wierd IACache problems)

Tim Rowledge seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 21:30:25 -0700

Julian Fitzell <julian@beta4.com> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Hrm... the HTML spec allows for TABLE to be inside FORM.  In fact, it's
> your INPUT tag that violates the spec, but everyone puts inputs directly
> in the form.  They're supposed to go inside some block tag like a <p> or
> a <fieldset> or something... (don't get me started about the spec :)
Interesting; all the examples on the W3C pages do indeed show <P> tags
inside forms, but don't seem to actually _say_ anything about it.
Typical of the dismal layout on that site.

I had a sudden idea about this problem a while after sending my last
message. I think it might be something related to putting forms inside
forms, which is probably considered a mortal sin by html junkies.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim@sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
Useful random insult:- A titanic intellect...  In a world full of icebergs.