[Seaside] The Joy of HTML (was Very wierd IACache problems)

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 22:35:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> I had a sudden idea about this problem a while after sending my last
> message. I think it might be something related to putting forms inside
> forms, which is probably considered a mortal sin by html junkies.

And Berners-Lee spake, and he said, behold, these are the words of the W3:
and thou shalt not place a form tag within a form tag its father, for
nested forms are abhorrent to the board; and yea, those who commit these
acts shall witness great suffering and undefined browser behavior.

Perhaps Seaside should produce warnings somewhere when it detects such
atrocities?  The parse trees end up pretty strange in such cases, which
could definitely explain what you were seeing.