[Seaside] jumps and repeats?

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 02:51:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Ragnar Hojland Espinosa wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 01:41:07PM -0700, Avi Bryant wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Ragnar Hojland Espinosa wrote:
> > So, when you jump from a subcomponent, just that subcomponent jumps - the
> > rest of the page stays the same.  This can be really handy, but it's
> > obviously not what you want here.  Try "self root jumpToPage:
> > EXViewCompany new" (this will find the top level component and
> > jump from it instead).
>
> Ahhh, I get it now.  root!  So this means.. if you have a page with multiple
> components, you can have each component do a jumpToPage and they'd all still
> be processed?

Well... depends how you mean the question.  Each time someone clicks on a
link, only one component will do a jumpToPage, because jumpToPage never
returns - you'd have a hard time calling it multiple times in sequence...
So generally only the component containing the link/form that was clicked
on gets to jump or call, although as above you can get around that.

> And that seaside links dont work at page level but at component
> level?

Yup!

Avi