[Seaside] Advice on writing secure webapps from a scarred friend

Cees de Groot seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
31 Jul 2002 03:21:04 +0200

Tim Rowledge <tim@sumeru.stanford.edu> said:
>Has anyone implemented HTTP Digest authorisation? I found the RFC 2617
>to be faintly intelligable, but not enough to feel like diving in
>myself.

How many browsers support it? Anyway, if you're halfway interested in
security, start putting your site behind an SSL server. Buy a couple of RSA
SecurID tokens. Follow my ideas about externally visible capabilities
(probably a breeze to implement in Seaside, Avi?). And that's in order of
effectiveness :-)

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>
Cogito ergo evigilo