[Seaside] dynamically chosen subcomponents

Avi Bryant avi@beta4.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:19:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> I had this probably mad idea about (ab)using the addBindingsTo: like
> this
>
> template elementNamed: 'questionPane')
> 	class: currentQuestion paneClass;
> 	set: ...... etc

Not so mad.  The way I will eventually probably solve this is by allowing
something like

(template elementNamed: 'questionPane')
  class: [currentQuestion paneClass];

> Another possibility that occurs to me is using frames for this; that way
> the url for each question would be somewhat specific to its
> class/type/needs and would have a quite separate template (?). If this
> is plausible, I guess you could make a frame subcomponent that would be
> usable as the target frame.

Well, you could, but communicating between different frames is a *lot*
harder than communication between parent and subcomponent.

By the way, did you look at my UntemplatedComponent example?  I'm curious
if that way of doing things is more to your liking.

Cheers,
Avi