[Seaside] dynamically chosen subcomponents

Tim Rowledge tim@sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:16:03 -0700

...back to my dynamic subcomponent need!

I have worked out enough of the structures of my various sorts of
questions to see that I could manage with only 2-4 subclasses (to cover
randomizable or not, choices in a table or not).

So, I _could_ (I think) live with either really dynamic choosing (either
by the new mechanism Avi is threatening or by the hack from the
inspectors) OR a rather tacky if-then-else sort of template.

My question is whether one its seen as very preferable to another.
Without spending a bunch of time measuring (and then wondering if my set
of machines it at all typical) is ther any strong opinon on the likely
performance differences. After all, the hacky if-then-else plays well
with the normal cached templates idea whereas the inspectors hack sort
of defeats it.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim@sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
Everybody needs a little love sometime; stop hacking and fall in love!