[Seaside] Iterations

Avi Bryant avi@beta4.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 02:21:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Markus Fritsche wrote:

> I have the following design
>    WebBookmarks holds a collection of WBCategorys
>        WBCategory holds a collection with either WBItems (the real
> bookmark) or a WBCategory.

Ok, I would strongly recommend that you separate your model from your
view.  That is, WBCategory and WBItem should be subclasses of Object, not
of IAComponent.  Then build your Seaside components as separate classes -
you may find that you end up with a parallel structure (WBCategoryViewer,
WBItemViewer), but keep it distinct.

If you do that then what I said in the last message about iterating over
data, not components, should make more sense.