[Seaside] Seaside Swiki

Jim Benson jb@speed.net
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:25:49 -0700

When someone asks a question to the list and gets an answer to their
satisfaction, I encourage them to do a short write up on the Swiki in the
context of their view of how it Seaside works. It can be as simple as,
"Here's the question, here's the answer", or "Here's how this all fits
together in an application context".

There are several benefits to this approach. First, there is a central
repository to search for 'just the answers' so that other people don't have
to wade through the entire mail archives to try to find pertinent
information to simple questions. Second, I think it's out of politeness to
Avi and other active list members so that they aren't treated just like
'answer-slaves'. Third, it's a very effective way to build a community, and
should be considered as the cost for asking your question and having it
answered. The advantage of asking the question and answering in your own
hand is that other people probably share the same view of problems that you
do, and it may be of benefit to them to see it from a different perspective
than what the designers may have had in mind.

In particular, this can help kick start some 'Seaside in use' documentation
of this very nice project.

Jim.