[Seaside] Link to "a String as file"

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:12:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Markus Fritsche wrote:

> It's me again...
>
> What would be the simpliest way to send the contents of a stream a file
> to the client/ set a download link? One way, I thought, would be a link
> that creates the file and then points to a point of my apache. Is there
> a better way? Any pointers?

Markus,

Check out IAResourceComponent; this is meant for "pages" that are not
text/html.  The example subclass generates an image, but it could just as
easily stream a text file.

I just got back from being out of town so I haven't had time to look at
your webbookmarks yet, but I'll do so soon...

Cheers,
Avi