[Seaside] backwards compatibility vs. progress

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:23:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Jim Benson wrote:

> > My main rationale for going forward with 0.94 is that there are two
> > porting efforts to other dialects that are being based on the 0.94
> > snapshot, and it would be nice to get everyone (Squeak/VW/Dolphin) on the
> > same page.  Then I can start with the serious restructuring.
> >
> Don't make them do it twice:-) Just do the real one.

Well, the point is, they've already done it... so is it more of a support
nightmare to migrate the Squeak users to 0.94 (and then go do the "real
one"), or to have the Squeak users at 0.93 and the Dolphin/VW users at
0.94?  Even if 0.94 is just a stepping stone to a more radical revision,
I'd still rather have everyone using the same version in the meantime.