[Seaside] Dynamic HTML

Lukas Renggli seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:58:58 +0200

Hi

Reading some solder entries of the mailing-list, I learned that the
templates are somehow static in Seaside. I think for most applications that
is not a problem: but what, if there are foreign web-pages (downloaded form
the internet) that I want to display as a component inside my
web-application?

I solved the problem in quite an ulgy manner and it works quite well. But
now as 0.94 has been released I hesitate. I had to change the source-code of
Seaside to make this work:

    IAPage>>printContentsTo: context
        context print: '<html>'.

        context print: '<head>'.
        self printHeadTo: context.
        context print: '</head>'.

        context print: '<body>'.
        self printBodyTo: context.
        self dynamicBody: context.       " This is what I added "

        session printToolbar.
        context print: '</body>'.
        context print: '</html>'.

    IAPage>>dynamicBody            " This is what I added "
        ^ ''

So now I can override the message 'dynamicBody' in any component and return
HTML-Code that has been downloaded (and even modified) form the internet.

So my question is: What do you think about this? Are there any better ways
to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance! Seaside is really great!

Cheers
Lukas