[Seaside] Enterprise readiness of Squeak/Seaside

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 17:40:44 +0100

Serge.Stinckwich@info.unicaen.fr said:
> It should also be possible to directly use ZODB as a repository
> back-end for Seaside with a Squeak FFI plugin ?

Even easier, I've considered to build the wire protocol from ZEO in Squeak so
you could use the ZODB in a ZEO configuration. But it's hardly worth it,
because you still need to implement transaction management and serialization,
and given a simplistic data storage like ZODB (a transaction log), actually
writing the bits out is the easiest part.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>