[Seaside] URL link and caching

Avi Bryant avi@beta4.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:37:19 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Damon Anderson wrote:

> Changing IAApplication>>invalidSessionFor: to redirect straight to the
> view instead of the action fixes the problem, but will that break
> anything?

Well, yeah, but it's subtle.  IAPage has a few hooks - aboutToView,
aboutToAct, aboutToViewAgain, aboutToActAgain.  If you go straight to
/view, aboutToView will not be called on the very first page of an app
(aboutToView is actually called at the end of the /act phase, to give
it a chance to jump to another page before the view phase starts).

That patch to invalidSessionFor: will do fine for now, though, until we
can find a better workaround.  I doubt too many people are using
aboutToView anyway.

Many thanks, Damon, that was quick detective work.

Avi