[Seaside] URL link and caching

Julian Fitzell julian@beta4.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:33:13 -0800

Avi Bryant wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Damon Anderson wrote:
>

>>Changing IAApplication>>invalidSessionFor: to redirect straight to the
>>view instead of the action fixes the problem, but will that break
>>anything?
>

> Well, yeah, but it's subtle.  IAPage has a few hooks - aboutToView,
> aboutToAct, aboutToViewAgain, aboutToActAgain.  If you go straight to
> /view, aboutToView will not be called on the very first page of an app
> (aboutToView is actually called at the end of the /act phase, to give
> it a chance to jump to another page before the view phase starts).
>
> That patch to invalidSessionFor: will do fine for now, though, until we
> can find a better workaround.  I doubt too many people are using
> aboutToView anyway.
>
> Many thanks, Damon, that was quick detective work.
>
> Avi

Hmm... as I added to the bug... why don't I see this behaviour?

I use IE 6.0.2600 on WinXP for all my Seaside development.  I
occasionaly see problems when I first start working but it's only ever
been on one of our contracts that uses database stuff...  I can open any
other seaside application and I've never seen this problem?

Could it be my proximity to the server (same LAN segment) ?

Julian

--
julian@beta4.com
Beta4 Productions (http://www.beta4.com)