[Seaside] Feedback?

Keith Hodges keith.hodges@cheerful.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:05:02 +0000

Hello, some comments,

1. Thanks for the tutorial part 2 Avi, very helpful!

For those familiar with ZOPEs documentation (sarcasm intended) I would like
to comment.
Perhaps the mantra "DOCUMENTATION MAKETH A PRODUCT".  I have already found
the two tutorials far far more useful than the Zope book.
This is probably because I already understand smalltalk's capabilities and
seaside's 'clean' integration with what I already know is its defining feature.
Of course cleanliness IS next to godliness.

In the same way in XP beleives that every piece of functionality must be
enshrouded in tests, other wise it may be deemed redundant.
For some users, not all, every feature and capability not documented (in
some way) may as well not be there.

1b, I think the wording 'please describe your fruit' is misleading and
needs to be 'please name your fruit'.

2. I have no idea what version(s) of squeak Seaside is being developed in
or validated against, could we put something in the swiki.
I personally have tried it in the ComSwiki 1.2 distribution and 3.1 beta,
using both the Carbon and Cocoa VMs

3. I tried loading the latest change set two days ago, (do you need a fresh
image?) and the minesweeper example was broken. You might want to quickly
check this.

4. Is there anyone developing widgets?

best regards

Keith